Once you’ve booked your flight to South Africa, arriving in either Johannesburg or Cape Town, you will need to arrange internal domestic travel to Plettenberg Bay.
We recommend a cost and time saving internal travel route, using both air and bus travel, that will get you into our region soon after arrival in the country without having to overnight. In broad terms it allows for arrival in Johannesburg and, as soon as possible thereafter, flying on to Port Elizabeth to catch a scheduled afternoon or evening bus to us for collection, a meal and then undisturbed recovery sleep a few hours later at Rocky Road.
Alternatively you may want to fly from Cape Town or Johannesburg to George, where we can arrange for a private transfer (price on asking). There is also a bus service that runs from George to Plettenberg Bay that starts off in Cape Town.
Once you’ve decided that you are coming we will talk to you on an individual basis to help create an itinerary that works best for you.
The following items, though not essential, will make your stay a prepared one! There is no dress code whilst here. Casual and comfortable is the rule.
- Clothes to consider – over and above the usual
- Good solid shoes able to withstand hiking in rough terrain.
- At least 2 or 3 pairs of long trousers (jeans, tracksuit bottoms, etc – evenings get chilly)
- Long-sleeved tops
- Waterproof top & bottom – where possible
- Beanie & cap
- Comfortable old work clothes
- Extra towel
- Sleeping bag - (if intending to travel)
- Head torch