The costs of this package (applicable from Jan to Dec 2017) are R 380 per day and as at mid-2016 equate to approximately 16.50 British pounds; US$ 23 and Euro’s 21 per day BUT while the R 380 will remain fixed, the cost in $/Euro/Pound will obviously be influenced by the ruling exchange rates applicable at the time.
FOR THIS YOU GET:
- Serviced shared accommodation to a max of 4 persons per room or unit
- All daily transfers to and from their place of assignment while on duty
- Assistance with transport during leisure time to get to Plettenberg Bay for personal shopping and to local attractions for activities.
Volunteers can schedule to accompany a member of the Rocky Road crew on the routine weekly trips to town for general shopping purposes or make arrangements for this over weekends. When use is made of local taxi drivers known to us for special transfers, then these costs will be to individual account
- We also help out with free and/or discounted entry to selected local leisure, adventure and/or adrenalin activities
- Personal laundry on a wash, dry and fold basis
- Internet access
- All meals including a) Breakfast - a self help of cereal, yoghurt, fruit, tea/coffee, toasts, spreads b) Lunch – also self-prepared so can include left-over’s from the prior evenings’ meal, sandwiches with a variety of filling options, fresh fruit and juice and/or tea-coffee c) Dinner – this evening meal menu varies substantially and is pre-prepared by one of our designated cooks for all at Rocky Road to enjoy. The meals will include red and white meats (beef, lamb, pork, chicken, fish) in casseroles, roasts, stir fries, bakes and braai’s (BBQ’s); a variety of pasta dishes/bakes; burgers; chunky farm-style soups. All dishes are served with an appropriate assortment of roasted or cooked vegetables, rice, potatoes, breads, fresh salads and dressings etc.
* Please note that we cater for those with special dietary requirements - including the exclusion of selected meats, vegetarian, lactose and gluten intolerants etc.
Please note that these rates do not include:
- Any distance transfers from or to airports (NB – Note that we have excellent relationships with local service providers that we regularly use so can, once flight details are known, make these arrangements on your behalf. The costs of this service are a separate invoice item)
- Long-distance coaches to Plettenberg Bay from other areas (NB – Note that we can provide well tested information on which coach-lines to use and the best time to arrive at the Plettenberg Bay bus-station)
- Any specifically contracted transfers for leisure and pleasure activities, inclusive of runs to Plett for evening outings etc. Also excluded are any personal purchases of beer, wine, spirits, soft-drinks or snacks from our bar.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Most volunteers will be on assignment for 5 days with 2 days off per week. When on assignment they must be prepared to depart Rocky Road from 07h00 onwards, with a daily return of no later than 17h30. When not on assignment, or on days off, volunteers are free to prepare themselves a more substantial breakfast (eggs, bacon etc) and luncheon (salads, toasties) as well as partake of tea/coffee at any stage.
People staying with us at Rocky Road are encouraged to make themselves comfortable within what is to be their African-home for the duration of their stay. Our Rocky Road crew have been providing a home base to visitors since 2000 so are well established in the Plettenberg Bay area and known to many of diverse backgrounds. Being resident at Rocky Road our team are on hand on a 24/7 basis to help out at any stage and provide you with the best practical advice on how to go about pursuing those matters that grab your interest.
Our comprehensive package removes all the worries one can have regarding the daily routine of accommodation, meals & transport issues, permitting them rather to maximise their focus on, and enjoyment of, their volunteer experience in our stunningly beautiful area.